Sunday, November 30, 2008

Things I have learned this Sunday:

1) When you grow accustomed to a TV show and begin to love it, something in the universe will tarnish that love. There might be magically vanishing characters and smart characters going crazy (Grey's Anatomy, which the weirdness is making me sort of hate), shows mistreated by poor placement (The New Adventures of Old Christine), or cancellation/hiatus crap (Pushing Daisies, Battlestar Galactica, or 80% of the shows I've loved from the past). Right now, I'm still dealing with the Pushing Daisies news. Even without the fact that I adore Lee Pace, I love everything about the show, even that I have to ignore aspects of my science background.

2) I am bad at working over the weekends. I find myself fighting with my desire to be creative. Today, while I should have been working, I have knit, studied pastry recipes, considered planning a trip to Brittany (Bretagne or Breton), considered whether or not the "I'm a Convert" Sweater is a good match for me and my body type, and redid a neckwarmer I'm making/designing for my mom. Not to mention the interview reports I can't seem to write.

3) Empire Records makes everything better.

4) I need to be a combination knitter. Or moreover, I am a combination knitter, and it's easier to remember to do something than it is to try to change 20-year-old habits.

5) Apparently, some people do like the book that no longer exists. One of my sister's coworkers says that it is her favorite of the series because it was so different. And when I mentioned the irresponsible gore in the book, she seemed unaffected. And her only criticism was that nothing much happened. I'm only realizing now how effective my forgetting campaign was, except now after discussing it, the silly book is coming back to me. Now, I have to go see the movie version of Twilight, just to see if it translated well at all.

6) Oh, and did you know that the Secret Diary of a Call Girl is based on a blog? I'm oddly fascinated by it. I've been distracted by that today as well.

No comments: