Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Photos soon, list in the meantime

I finally downloaded photos, however, they are still living on the computer at home, which means that they aren't here. But still, I must mark my progress (and lack thereof)...

1) Knit hat and scarf set for sister...done except for washing, blocking, and figuring out what to do with one stitch that appears to have been dropped somehow. The dropped stitch baffles me because when I knit, I'm good about that. However, it reminds me of why I take issue with knitting.

2) Scarf (and maybe hat) for Mom...80% done only to discover that although I love the stitch and yarn together, they create too stiff a fabric for me to actually want to give it to my mom. So, I will soon be undoing it all. Perhaps I'll finally watch The Elephant Man while doing that.

3) Scarf for Dad...on hold until I receive his input. He's a tricky dude and I don't want to make something he won't use or like. But my dad deserves something awesome as he's never had anything made by me before.

4) Scarves for aunts...one done (needs wash and blocking), second one halfway there.

5) Sweater for my mormor...as she's the one who taught me, she always gets the first thing I make in a particular style. And as this is the first sweater, she gets it. Plus, she'll like it and appreciate it, knowing what went into it, and maybe it will actually keep the woman who is always cold a bit warmer.

6) Bag for co-worker and member of Yarn Club.

7) Profane pencil cup for co-worker and member of Yarn Club.

8) Something for a non-regular Yarn Club member (because she damn well surprised me with a gift today for teaching her to crochet).

9) A super cool beret for my oldest friend, who is not related to me...at least I can delay this one a week.

10) Yarn for co-worker, friend, and co-founder of Yarn Club. Purchased in May or June.

11) Something for friend in Stockton.

12) Something for friend in New York...I'm thinking a lacy motif scarf, but that will have to wait.

13) Baby blanket for super awesome friend in Tennessee.

And once I survive all of that, the wedding and baby blankets rise up to defeat me again. But soon, everyone but me will be married and I will be free to ignore the wedding afghans. Baby blankets require a week's worth of my attention apparently, unless the couple are super awesome and therefore require something equally super awesome.

No comments: